Leaving domains with no content or no website inroads the potential value of your investment in their purchase. This is especially true when you’ve held the domain unutilized for a number of years in the hope at some point you’ll get to capitalise on your ongoing investment in renewals.
You will benefit from this investment in the following circumstances:
- unlikely = somebody comes makes you an offer for the domain
- possible = you find a direct reason to build a website on that domain
- always = you want to use the website to help your other businesses online
The harsh reality is that most people hang onto the domains they purchase for years and never actually achieve any value from them.
The reasons domains have a tangible value are:
- an individual or business has a reason to use that particular domain (luck)
- the domain is an exact match or close match to a high volume of searches in search engine (good buying)
- there are lots of links from other domains pointing to that domain
- the domain has been used continually for a number of years
- the domain ranks well in the search engine results