Facts about listening
Some facts about listening:
- Executives spend over 80% of their days listening
- Managers spend over 40% of their day listening
- The average person listens they only remembers 50% of what they heard
- Two months after listening the average person only remembers 25% of was said.
Most of these people are actually hearing not listening. Listening means understanding the:
- Motivation to talk
- True meaning behind the words
- Expected consequences of the communication.
Listening will empower you to be heard and take another step towards realising your potential.